Monday, August 13, 2012

Fifty Shades of Tedious

Good grief!

Let me start by saying that originally I was super super apprehensive about reading this trilogy. I went online and read the reviews and the majority of the reviews were negative. Not just regular negative but some had bullet points and a friggin slide show. ::I may have exaggerated that last bit but it sure seemed that way::
I didn't know much about the books save that there miiight have been some sex in them... ;0) So reading the reviews put it into a much clearer picture. The leading lady was an imbecile who has an inner goddess that says jeez a lot. Or was that her sub-conscience? Or her? I dunno.

Any way people pretty much hated the book(s) saying they were poorly written and quite a lot of them also said it was a rip off of another very popular vampire book set/movie.. ::cough:: Twilight ::cough::

Needless to say after reading the reviews I was not beating down any doors to get this book. Fast forward a few months(and me finding out a way to get it for free) and wa-la I've started reading them.

At first it didn't seem so bad. Ana was a tad annoying & Mr. Grey was an asshole and the sex was kinda hot.

By the time I got to the third book, however, I was skipping the tedious sex scenes all together(ah!) and I kept resisting the urge to want to strangle Ana. (as if I really could but whateves)

In my honest opinion, if you took out all the sex scenes(too many) this trilogy could have easily been one book. Seriously.

If you need sex in your life that bad, read em. If you want a good read, skip em. You won't be missing anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment